Wednesday 12 November 2014

Sweet Sautéed Nectarines


I find that when I try to eat healthier - banana breakfast muffins, veggies and salad for lunch, lean meat and grilled vegetables for supper - I crave sweets in the evening. I really don't want to undo a whole day of eating well just so I can have a cookie or chocolate bar in the evening. My go to, other than dipping an apple in some whipped peanut butter, is sautéing fruit. This week I had a whole package of nectarines. Chris likes to tell me that I buy and waste too much fruit.  Not this week! I was determined to use up all the fruit while he was away on the farm!

This is probably the easiest non recipe to whip up when the sweet tooth hits. Warm up a frying pan and add a little bit of corn syrup to the bottom, just a drizzle. Cut up your fruit (I have done this with apples, pears, peaches, and now nectarines and usually use two of whatever I choose) add to the pan and sprinkle about a teaspoon of brown sugar on top. It does not take a long cooking time. You are just warming the fruit, you don't want a mushy mess. 


A little bubble and then throw them in a bowl and top with cool whip!

Serves one!

No comments:

Post a Comment